What are red flags to look for when interviewing a candidate for a remote position?
There are several red flags to look for when interviewing a candidate for a remote position. These include:
- Poor communication skills and the inability to communicate in both oral and written formats
- Technology issues with the candidate logging in can mean a lack of tech-savviness
- Disorganized workspace
- Distraction-heavy workspace (ex. children running around, roommates shuffling back and forth through the frame, or pets barking incessantly)
- Wanting to work from home for the wrong reasons
- No previous work from home experience