What questions should I ask a virtual employee candidate during the interview process?
When hiring a virtual employee, it is important that you find the right fit for your company and its culture. Thankfully, by asking the right questions you can gauge how well a candidate will fit into your team. Consider asking these questions during the interview process to determine how qualified a candidate is to join your team as a remote employee:
- Are you proactive about communicating?
- How do you plan on communicating with a remote team?
- What is your ideal work environment?
- Have you worked from home before? If so, what were the challenges, and how did you tackle them? If not, what challenges do you think you might face and how would you deal with them?
- Why do you want to work from home?
- How do you motivate yourself?
- How do you stay focused while working remotely?
- What are your ideal work hours?
- Where do you like to work? Do you have a quiet space at home where you can work uninterrupted?
- What are your technical skills?
By asking these questions you will not only get an idea of what motivates the candidate and how they operate but also whether or not they will be a good fit for your team.